I’m wondering if anyone has done any modelling about the financials for meet.coop?
For example, I think it would be really interesting to look at some numbers for:
- Number of concurrent users the existing servers can handle
- Cost to rent / buy these servers
- Sys Admin costs to keep these servers up and running
- Any other meet.coop costs
- Possible price points for offering video services to individuals
- Possible price points for offering video services to orgs (if we can / want to differentiate this way!?)
Once we have a few of these numbers we could work out a business plan and P&L and design a draft marketing plan…
I imagine that, if it was designed and marketed effectively - meet.coop could generate enough income to pay everyone who contributes to essential tasks quite well… AND generate a healthy surplus which could be invested in the development of further tools to expand meet.coop’s growth and potential… whilst also empowering a community of collaborators with similar values. This is something I have wanted to help build for a LONG time - and I would be very interested in working on the business planning and marketing side of things in order to try and help make meet.coop a success!
If anyone can provide me with some numbers for any of the above, no matter how draft, it will enable us to start developing a possible business plan for discusion…