CommonsCloud reseller programme - results

Hi all!

the spreadsheet linked below has all invoces generated by CommonsCloud for the meet.coop backed service at meet.commonscloud.coop. All invoices have dates in 2021 except a single 2020 invoice is dated on 29/12/2020 that covers the whole 2021 year.

We invoced a total of 1.575,54 € (VAT excl.) to a total of 10 users. Most of those are smaller organizations, only one of them went for a multiuser account (which was also deployed at CommonsCloud’s servers). As per last year’s agreement, 50% of that revenue should go back to meet.coop, which is 787,77 €.

As we have discussed several times before, it is a problem for femProcomuns to have invoices without a valid tax ID according to EU VAT rules. One way around that would be for femProcomuns to pay meet.coop’s bills up to that amount, either directly or to another member org that is already paying them.

Thoughts?

edit: updated expired link

Hi David!
I think it’s time to settle payments with you/femProcomuns. Let us check and confirm each of the following:

1. If I am not mistaken, David you haven’t declared any expense nor wage payment invoice to meet.coop through OC or otherwise. Correct? (rationale of this was as explained above to settle this against the meet.commonscloud reseller revenue sharing part)

2. Summing up your wage distributions from the start:
    a. 2020: £256.43
    b. 2021: £3,062.85
    Totals: £3,319.28

3. Considering that through the 2020-2021 meet.commonscloud revenue sharing already the amount of 787,77 EURO has been received by femProcomuns, and an exchange rate of XXX, this results in YYY to be paid to femProcomuns.

4. The amount payable could be reduced if we’d update the reseller revenue for the first six months of this year. That might at the same time give us a more actual status of our finances. @dvdjaco is that something you could do in the coming days? (hopefully this is just an easy report to be run from the femProcomuns Odoo server…)

5. How is the invoice issue to be solved - it is now the other way where meet.coop needs to pay fP, so hopefully somewhat simpler? femProcomuns could invoice meet.coop on the account of Platform6.coop - which has the necessary fiscal identification (but no VAT number). As UK is outside of European Union now I’m not sure how the VAT requirement is. In any case P6 is tax-exempt. Please have a look @dvdjaco and possibly @Graham could suggest what’s the best way nowadays.

Hopefully we can settle this soon!

BTW there’s also the membership details part to this thread: meet.coop wants to know all of its members, also the ones that are members through femprocomuns/commonscloud. They should be in our membership list and when we arrive there, they should have the right to vote. This is not just something to look at through the lense of GDPR, but also should be seen as part of our collaboration agreement. David, please let us know what things need to be solved to get not only the numbers but also the names and email addresses of these members.

Indeed, settling payments for the meet.coop - CommonsCloud reseller agreement is in my todo for this month.

If I am not mistaken, David you haven’t declared any expense nor wage payment invoice to meet.coop through OC or otherwise. Correct? (rationale of this was as explained above to settle this against the meet.commonscloud reseller revenue sharing part)

I did claim wages corresponding to Q4/2020 and Q1/2021 via OpenCollective.

Considering that through the 2020-2021 meet.commonscloud revenue sharing already the amount of 787,77 EURO has been received by femProcomuns, and an exchange rate of XXX, this results in YYY to be paid to femProcomuns.

Yeah I did this at the end of 2021 but I need to update it.

How is the invoice issue to be solved - it is now the other way where meet.coop needs to pay fP, so hopefully somewhat simpler? femProcomuns could invoice meet.coop on the account of Platform6.coop - which has the necessary fiscal identification (but no VAT number). As UK is outside of European Union now I’m not sure how the VAT requirement is. In any case P6 is tax-exempt. Please have a look @dvdjaco and possibly @Graham could suggest what’s the best way nowadays.

Since the invoicing issue remains for any org that has to keep valid VAT invoices of all expenses, I didn’t invoice my approved wages since Q1/2021, it is easier for us to invoice P6 than the other way around. I’ll do the numbers and come back with a proposal.

BTW there’s also the membership details part to this thread: meet.coop wants to know all of its members, also the ones that are members through femprocomuns/commonscloud. They should be in our membership list and when we arrive there, they should have the right to vote.

We can’t share any data with meet.coop if we haven’t explicitly asked permission to do so to these CommonsCloud members. In fact, we haven’t discussed their meet.coop membership before. It makes sense that they become meet.coop members, but in case we agree to that we should:

• Let them know that they’re entitled to meet.coop membership.
  • Ask their authorization to include their data in the meet.coop user database.

Here goes the update I promised to the CommonsCloud reseller programme results. I have added a tab to the existing spreadsheet with the 2022 data, from January to September. In summary:

Year Total invoiced 50% share
2021 1.575,54 € 787,77 €
2022 997,80 € 498,9 €
TOTAL 2.573,34 € 1.286,67 €

So, femProcomuns should transfer 1.286,67 € to meet.coop for the revenue generated by the reseller programme.

On the other hand, we have my share from the wage distributions. As Wouter mentioned above:
a. 2020: £256.43
b. 2021: £3,062.85
c. 2022: £807.55

I have claimed my share from wage distributions a single time from OpenCollective: https://opencollective.com/meet-coop/expenses/45753 . Reviewing it now I see that there was an issue with the payment processor and the expense was approved but never paid. Also, I made the expense claim as a personal claim, not through an organisation (femProcomuns) which is not very transparent on our side.

Since that single expense claim was not fully correct (since it wasn’t claimed through an organisation) and it wasn’t fullfilled due to an issue with the payment processor, I suggest that we:

1. Cancel the pending expense claim #45753
  2. Subtract the amount that femProcomuns owes meet.coop for the reseller programme
  3. Approve a single expense from me (via femProcomuns) to meet.coop

Not sure what exchange rate we should be using for £ <-> € conversion, also I’m not sure if the payment processor issue will be resolved on OpenCollective. Thoughts?

I’d like to close this issue in the coming days to make sure we don’t drag it into 2023. What do you think @benhylau @mikemh @wouter?

David, as you may have seen on OC I have checked with P6 and indeed that claim hasn’t been paid, so I disapproved and deleted it altogether, so reducing the risk that that claim could come into our way again.

Please go ahead with the aggregated claim, withdrawing the part you already received through the reseller pilot.

I just saw the email thread with P6 and the rejection notification for the existing expense claim, thanks! I’ll submit the updated expense claim asap and let you know.

I have just submitted https://opencollective.com/meet-coop/expenses/110008. I converted the 4126,83 GBP to EUR at a 1.17 rate and subtracted the 1,286.67 € corresponding to the 50% of the revenue generated via commonscloud.coop. This results in 3,541.72 €

BTW has anyone here received money from OpenCollective to a SEPA account in €? Did you do a regular wire transfer or a Wise transfer? What were the fees?