Planning of Meet.coop Xmas party

Here’s a possible schedule for the Xmas Party - please amend here in the thread

• 16:00 GMT - Main Meeting Room opens (the same as we use for All Hands meetings)
  • Breakouts about “Why meet.coop?”
  • Update on where we are and how we got here
  • The meet.coop roadmap
  • 17:00 GMT musical performance - trial
  • open mike

I just replied in the Resonate forum

Hi Resonate!
Is anyone up for this? If so, please email contact@meet.coop asap so we have time to plan how things will work and to promote you to our lovely community :wink:

I guess if we don’t hear back there will not be any music… but if we do we’ll have to crack on with some organization!

I’m worried that the rest of the agenda looks more like a work meeting than a party - and that there may be very limited attendance because of this but - c’est la vie I guess…

it would be surprising if we’d be a large crowd indeed. But don’t give up and invite some around you :slight_smile:

And please suggest improvements. Which questions would you like to pose to the group? Questions that we could ask people to position themselves…

I feel attendance will be ok. Hypha alone should have 5-6 members attending, and a couple of us sent invites to larger groups, so I am expecting maybe 30?

no answers in the Resonate forum so no music anymore… just FYI

sorry to hear that about the music :frowning:
Maybe anybody of us dares to make some performance of any kind?

my thoughts for the Xmas party gathering is that we meet up and according to who and how many we are we decide what to do at every moment. In order to help a bit, I’ve copied some of the possible activities into a slide and added a few placeholders to that, see here

Now I’m preparing a slide to see the evolution of members by month. It would also be good to present the roadmap, if anyone can convert draw it out (Georgia told me she cannot do it this week, as she just moved house). If no one is able to pick it up, maybe I could do so tomorrow just before the gathering

Anything else you could prepare or would like to do/see?

This sounds more realistically, logistically:)

the Party Room for today: https://ca.meet.coop/b/xms-7vw-cmg-jt0
cu there at 16h

1 Like

and then somebody ended the meeting, while I wanted to make final screenshots! So much for making everyone a moderator -> giving the power to end the meeting is not such a good thing!!

FORTUNATELY I did make screenshots during each of the whiteboard activities, so we’ll be quite fine. And Ben told me he saved the chat, did you? Uff :slight_smile:

I go and take care of the kids here, it was wonderful to meet up and draw/write together!! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I have this:
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 12.13.12 PM

and I posted the chat log in our chat.

3 Likes

I thought it was a lovely party! There were about 15 of us, on and off, most of the time, many from the UK, but a gang from Toronto, and people from Barcelona, Paris, Berlin and South Africa. We had some silly games, some serious discussions and got to know each other. BBB worked well for us, and there were various things we could not have done on Zoom!

3 Likes

There were fun moments:
Xmas-Party-cams-laughing-meet.coop-2020-12-11 17-42-53

Unfortunately it was impossible to capture the “wave” we tried. But it was nice trying, hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Things participants like about mete.coop:
Xmas-Party-what-do-you-like-meet.coop-fullscreen-2020-12-11 17-51-50

1 Like

What does meet.coop mean in your mother tongue or languages that you know, and how would you translate meet.coop into them?
Xmas-Party-translate-meet.coop-whiteboard-2020-12-11 18-22-49

And Xmas trees started to appear :wink:

1 Like

We briefly saw the draft roadmap, and while the group had no time to review it in detail, it helped get a feel for where we are heading to next year.
Also @NickM mentioned in the chat that we’d join forces to work on the SSO.

roadmap_2020-12-11 13-03-27

(if time would have permitted, we could have “voted” with dots on priorities for the group)

1 Like

Organisations that are Ops Members (inner oval) or User members as per early December 2020:
Membership_orgs-2020-12-11

comments from participants:

• WOW that circle filled out over the last year!
  • i remember when there was only a few!
1 Like

As last exercise we discussed the evolution of the meet.coop membership. In the last 5 months we went from 10 user members to 50, a five fold increase. How would you think it would evolve in 2021?

Membership-Evolution-2020-12-11

comments from participants:

• if we’d keep the same growth rate, we’d be reaching around 1500 members by the end of next year
  • if we’d grow “only” ten times, we’d be around 500 members
  • If we had 1500+, how much server space would we need? How much user support?
  • have you done that ‘total addressable market’ thing? …and worked back from that?
  • I think you could best do the growth hacking via affiliation and cross selling deals with other coops
  • server space we don’t know but I expect the main cost is labour not computers
  • i feel weird about the ppl in the growth/funnel hacking communities, but its undoubtedly effective imho :slight_smile:
1 Like

It was great to see members that we don’t normally see at regular meetings. Hellekin from Petite Singularite, @NickM from Resonate - an honour to have such guests crash at your party, :star_struck:

Excellent that @fredsultan, @mogams, @Dvdgmz joined, while we know you are there in the background, it was good for people to see faces and connect.
@georgiamoon and Eileen - now we know that we can practice German with @melissamcnab and @eileen and a few others :wink:
Great to see the wider Hypha team, with Pathcon and Dawn as well, apart from @elon, @Yurko and @benhylau as always :slight_smile:
thanks for being there @3wc, @osb and little Zack!
And Cath from P6! Marco from FKI also joined for a while! And NickS, colleague from Mel at Code-Cooperative!

thanks to all for participating, and especially for @garyalex to co-host, and to be patient with me :wink:

4 Likes

Fantastic @wouter - Thanks for posting! - was a fun evening.

Nick S was with me, he co-owns our co-operative (Code-Operative) :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks, Mel. now I recall and Nick has a daughter in The Hague!

2 Likes