Set up of meet.citiesforchange.org

Here’s a test room to try out the simplest BBB join process! Home Room
So, it has no question about “Join listen-only or with mike” and no Echo test.

The main doubt is whether someone who has issues with their audio settings can do without the Echo test: that test is normally used by people to adjust their audio settings and helps people join with their settings, well, tested.

At my side it worked well: I joined, unplugged my headset, continued smoothly with my monitor’s audio, so no manual adjustments were needed. How does it work on your system? Can you live without the Echo test? Test that room and tell us here :slight_smile:

It’s very simple, and works (as long as I’m confident that my mic/headset/built-in mic gives good audio input). I’m willing to go along with ‘Echo test OFF’ as default.

Still four clicks to get the camera working :frowning: Can that be reduced?

If we’re going for simplicity, how about having presentation OFF as default? I guess sidebar(s) ON is a default I feel is useful.

As we have been doing several live streaming sessions at Cities for Change, I’ve recorded a little tutorial about it. see here:

It works well, as long as you prepare things in advance. For the time being the Streaming bot needs always quits the first time in the room, and after a few minutes it gets back and gets its act together and transmits to the desired destination. Not sure whether @Yurko still had a patch for that issue.

In any case it’s a useful capability that we can offer to other members on demand. At this point in time it does require us to set up a dedicated Greenlight+Streaming server for events.

Unfortunately this is an issue with the way FFMPEG (which is used to encode the stream and deliver it to the target) and some streaming platforms like vimeo interact.

We have seen this in other platforms and environments like youtube as well. What is odd is that this only happens the very first time that the connections is made for a specific stream event. Once the event is triggered and started FFMPEG connects to it without a problem.

Error returned by FFMPEG is cryptic but almost seems like the remote side closed the connection, or was not ready to receive the data stream.

[tls @ 0x55642402bbc0] Error in the push function.
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Input/output error
    Last message repeated 1 times
Error writing trailer of rtmps://rtmp-global.cloud.vimeo.com:443/live/.......: Input/output error
frame=    9 fps=0.0 q=0.0 Lsize=    1419kB time=00:00:03.10 bitrate=3744.7kbits/s dup=0 drop=30 speed= 5.7x
video:1434kB audio:1kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
[tls @ 0x55642402bbc0] The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.
    Last message repeated 1 times