Advice for others interested in starting or supporting platform cooperatives?

Hi!

Is anyone willing to share their advice on organization for others interested in starting or supporting platform cooperatives?

I’m relatively new to the platform cooperative space, though I’ve been thinking about worker-cooperatives for a few years now.

I’m currently taking Prof. Trebor Scholz’ Digital Democracy course, which has a heavy emphasis on platform cooperatives. Im a software engineer and I’ve been thinking about either joining, helping, or starting a worker-cooperative and/or platform cooperative, and I looked at meet.coop as an awesome model and example. I was really sad to see that the community, unless able to find a new host, was planning to shutdown the service.

I’ve heard from one community member that there is a plan to do a post-mortem and release learnings from the project, but I was curious if any folks had initial advice for someone interested in starting &/or supporting platform cooperative initiatives in the near future?

My sense is that funding, time, and organizational culture important pieces to being successful – so I’ve been learning about business models, strategy, organizational models, and principle/value/mission orientation.