Ansible workshop

Last week some people in the Tech circle mentioned it would be great to do a training session on Ansible. I think that the general concepts are understood but the more practical issues not so much:

• How do you actually run Ansible (what is a normal/recommended workflow).
  • How to execute a number of roles/playbooks on a server.
  • How to separate logic and data/configuration (especially when using code developed in the open).
  • How to keep secrets secure (same as above).

I can share what I’ve learned in the last few years but I’m positive that other people’s methods are more in line with what is considered “good practices” with Ansible. @decentral1se @chris anyone else?

1 Like

I’d be interested in this if the code was open and the project was abiding by it’s stated values:

The generated software scripts and knowledge are shared as Free Software and under free licenses, following collaborative methodologies that facilitate replication and a decentralised architecture.

Sorry but I’m not really interested in working with proprietary code.

2 Likes

Don’t have more unpaid hours for this project.

2 Likes

We’re (slowly) getting there. As you know meet.coop has been running under Collocall’s infrastructure for a while. They agreed to publish their deployment playbooks but they need to be cleaned up from their configuration specifics, see @hng 's message: Could current existing code please be added to git.coop/meet? - #7 by hng

1 Like