Ca.meet.coop inaccessible to me while available to others

Just lost access to ca.meet.coop entirely.

On multiple browsers.

My IP address is 209.6.29.9.

The rest of my team has access! So i think RCN may be having issues accessing meet.coop but the rest of the Internet works fine for me— including, here, forum.meet.coop? So maybe my IP or network is being blocked?

Anyone able to look quickly?

The connection has timed out

An error occurred during a connection to ca.meet.coop.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

First thing that happened was i lost the audio connection, then when i tried to reconnect i got this. I’m connecting to an alternate Big Blue Button server just fine right now!

It’s back now. But that was weird and not good.

Very strange. Defiantly sounds like some sort of internet connection issue.

Check the log and there does not seem to be any indication that you IP address was blocked or rejected any packet

Since it is working now, there is not much debugging we can do but if it where to happen again I would love to see the output of:

ping ca.meet.coop
and (depending on your OS)
tracert -d ca.meet.coop
or
tracepath -n ca.meet.coop

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t work for me, again!

Many of our recent problems in BigBlueButton have arisen bcos systematic problems were created for the old version of BBB (2.2) by changes in December in Google Chrome, Over the weekend we migrated to latest version BBB 2.3. Please check again.

And of course do report if difficulties persist? Apologies for the behaviour of the digital oligarchs!