[DONE] Ca.meet.coop Maintenance: Thu., 27th August 2020

We need to do urgent work on the main production server ca.meet.coop. This includes updating the BigBlueButton and Greenlight version but also integration with our current systems at ColloCall and lot’s of small changes that will make operations much more smoothly.

We hope to start and finish this tomorrow Thu., 27th August 2020. Please use the demo.meet.coop instance in that time if you’ve scheduled a meeting. demo.meet.coop has just been updated to the newest BBB und Greenlight versions and is now configured with a TURN server, which should fix some of the issues people had on the demo server.

4 Likes

ca.meet.coop is back online :slight_smile: It’s running BBB 2.2.23 and Greenlight 2.7.1 now.

We have configured BBB with the ColloCall TURN server, which fixes the Safari Webcam bug :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations! So this ‘tURN Server’ was not installed at all in the original configuration??

It was installed but apparently something is not working right or the problem is the missing IPv6 at koumbit. There was no TURN server configured at the demo server. The demo server is now configured with the turn server at koumbit and ca.meet.coop is configured with collocalls turn server.

We will investigate this issue next week.

2 Likes

Thank you @hng, this kind of know-how and experience is priceless to our nascent coop!

1 Like

@hng some urgent questions re: the post-upgrade ca.meet.coop instance.

1. Need a reply to Using BigBlueButton - FAQ

2. Is this script running in our instance Self-serve download video recordings and is there a Download button for it? (Our Networks will need the video with slides cc. @Hank)

3. It seems I cannot create recorded vs. non-recorded rooms in the new Greenlight still, every room is a recorded room

4. It seems only webm are created for webcams now, not mp4 anymore (@Hank is this a problem?)

Just to absolutely clarify #2 Our Networks needs the video, audio, and slides source video files, not a compiled single video with slides.

Webm is fine, I can make it work. If you can do anything to get a better quality file out of it that would be much appreciated.

These are the videos we are capable of producing. @hng pls confirm.

Video File 1 (default in BBB)

Video track: webcams
Audio track: call audio
Format: webm (maybe mp4 edit: confirmed we only get webm now, no mp4)

Video File 2 (default in BBB)

Video track: screen shares
Audio track: none
Format: webm (maybe mp4 edit: confirmed we only get webm now, no mp4)

Video File 3 (using createwebinar/bbb-download)

Video track: slides + screen shares
Audio track: call audio
Format: mp4

Missing assets not recorded in any file: whiteboard, chat window. If you want these maybe you can playback the BBB web UI and manually record the screen with OBS.

Is this okay?

This is unfortunately one step above what I need. For this to work, I need all the raw individual streams of video before they get compiled into anything. Each presenter webcam should be its own video file for example.

These files should be available as I’m pretty sure they are written to disk as part of the archive stage of the recording process. I’m pretty sure that what we want is located in the following directories according to the docs:

• AUDIO: /var/freeswitch/meetings
  • WEBCAM (Flash): /usr/share/red5/webapps/video/streams
  • WEBCAM (HTML5): /var/kurento/recordings
  • SCREEN SHARING (Flash): /var/usr/share/red5/webapps/screenshare/streams
  • SCREEN SHARING (HTML5): /var/kurento/screenshare
  • SLIDES: /var/bigbluebutton

Once I get access I will check /var/kurento/recordings to see if there are webcam files, but I would rather rely on the finalized videos with combined webcams than the raw individual webcam streams even if we have them. It seems quite a pain to sort manually.

Could we split this thread into another thread concerning the recording files?

We can activate the script we’ve been using for now. This will also add a Download button.

I’ve activated this feature now on ca.meet.coop and ournetworks.meet.coop because IIRC they wanted this feature. It can be activated in the Greenlight backend but it’s a bit hard to find.

Concerning all these questions regarding recordings: My/our experience with recordings is quite limited, we’ve implemented the script/download functionality (but we did not write the script) and that’s about it. So I don’t know a lot more about recordings and the files than you all :wink:

1 Like

https://ca.meet.coop/presentation/<presentation id>/videos/webcams.webm

The presentation id is part of the presentation playback url (if you click on the presentation button of a recording in Greenlight)

We can activate the script we’ve been using for now. This will also add a Download button.

This script is BBB level right? Let’s make sure we align all containers so we never get into “difference across Greenlight container” territory.

I also don’t see a Download button yet on ca.meet.coop.

I’ve activated this feature now on ca.meet.coop and ournetworks.meet.coop because IIRC they wanted this feature. It can be activated in the Greenlight backend but it’s a bit hard to find.

Let’s make sure we do this for foie and the base docker we deploy for future Greenlight container too.

FYI this button doesn’t do anything for old rooms:

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 11.00.49 AM

Even if I toggle it, old rooms stay without the Record button. It only works on new rooms, so let’s enable the feature before we onboard more people and they start making rooms.

This link I know, @Hank is asking for individual camera streams. For example, if you and I are in a meeting, he wants to have webcams_hng.webm and webcams_benhylau.webm as two separate webm and he’s hoping to find these transient assets in /var/kurento/recordings.

This is not the expected Meet.coop service and it’ll depend on whether @Hank can convince @elon to go treasure hunting with him :stuck_out_tongue: