Integrating meet.coop with a Wordpress site

No I didn’t hear back about preferred times.

What’s the status of this? Would be really interesting to Collective Tools.
The thing with only one unrestricted secret key per server is really annoying, would be so happy to see a solution to that in the future.

This would probably be a large and complicated project.

A short-term possibility could be that meet.coop members that trust each other and don’t give away the secret to other actors could share bbb servers.

2 Likes

It’s essential polling together money for a dedicated server right? @petter you can see our preliminary pricing here 2020 Q4 Roadmap with our dedicated services.

What if we make a fork of the bbb plugin for Nextcloud that doesn’t show the api keys in the admin interface and only put them in the Nextcloud config file? That way our Nextcloud users and admins can’t access them (they have admin access but not server/ssh access). Would that be okay for integrating multiuser accounts? Our could it be exploited?

What I’m after is trying to find a way to sell meet.coop as an addon to CT’s existing (and future) customers without it being super pricey…

1 Like

What if we make a fork of the bbb plugin for Nextcloud that doesn’t show the api keys in the admin interface and only put them in the Nextcloud config file?

This could work for the case of NC instances operated by Collective Tools or other operational members, so I’d agree to do this as a short term solution. However it still requires distributing the single API secret of a shared backend service, which is always a Bad Idea™. If we do this I think we should:

• Restrict access to the API to the known integrations to prevent unauthorized access in case the key is leaked.
  • Monitor requests to the BBB API from each integration to ensure fair use.
  • Work on a better option (see below).

For the more general case of other parties integrating their services with meet.coop, there are only 2 options as mentioned above:

• A dedicated BBB (available right away, but too expensive for many).
  • An API gateway/proxy as suggested by @patcon (works for shared BBB, requires development).
1 Like

Thanks @dvdjaco that would be great. We will keep the keys safe and can keep the tech circle updated about new integrations.

Would it be possible for us to get the api keys now to test with our internal Nextcloud installation? (I’m p-jo at element If that’s safe enough for sending them)

1 Like

So - Agaric has setup 3 ways to get to BigBlueButton

• WordPress
  • GreenLight
  • Canvas

Agaric is also working on customizing GreenLight so people can create a conference with a group of rooms and some other features - let me know if you would like an invite to the repo and issue queue - https://gitlab.com/wolcen/greenlight-local/

Also - anyone that wants an invite to our Canvas or Wordpress integrations to take a look around is welcome - shoot me an email - micky@agaric.coop
I am happy to give a tour/overview
Sorry to be out of the loop - severe health issues got to me over the past month - recovering well now!

2 Likes

Good to hear!

May well take you up on a little tour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Aaron -
Sorry I missed this - we have a WP integration setup, but not with a meet.coop instance of BBB… if you want access just email me and I will make an account in WP for you to take a look!

1 Like