Tech Circle regular meeting time

Hmm looks like I’m the only one who dialed in today :smiley:

I said this at the ‘products’ circle last Friday but it might be the case don’t need to beat ourselves to host servers by ourselves. There seems plenty of BBB hosting services out there. I know some of them are even coop friendly or coop-ish. This is the topic I wanted to highlight today.

Cheers,
Yasu

@Yasuaki I am sorry, I think you just left when I joined :grimacing: We are currently busy reinstalling demo.meet.coop and talked about most stuff already yesterday, so maybe we do not need the meeting today?

1 Like

I wanted to join the meet this week but the event had disappeared from my calendar and I missed it. Did you guys meet? Trying to catch up with forum messages and git issues now that I have a bit of time to put here :wink:

@dvdjaco are you in our nextcloud? The calendar is here now https://wiki.meet.coop/wiki/Virtual_Office#Nextcloud_Calendar and if you are not in nextcloud, pls PM me with your preferred [ email, handle, org affiliation ] and I will get you set up.

1 Like

I’m in the meet.coop NC indeed, but I hadn’t added this calendar to the ones I keep sync’d. Will this meeting be happening tomorrow? I’d like to catch up with the current status and future plans for the technical side of things.

1 Like

yeah, It should take place.

1 Like

Nice catching up with you today, the notes from the meeting are here: https://cloud.meet.coop/f/6546

David will offer to take over communication between product and technical circle and Collocall → discuss with Ben/Wouter/Oli.

I would support this arrangement. Right now I am bridging the two circles just bc we are short on capacity. I’d prefer for Tech Circle to have a “project manager”, and Collocall and Hypha focus on their domain of expertise and not get too involved in bridging between circles / directly getting into customer matters. In my opinion it’s important the PM has good understanding of the tech side and can represent the circle.

This is the draft plan we came up with for the different roles within the Tech Circle:

Tech Circle
- Infrastructure access management: Hypha
- Server procurement: Hypha
- Server provider: Koumbit, OVH
- Service provisioning: Collocall, Webarchitects
- Service monitoring and support: Collocall (CEST), Hypha (ET)
- Organisational infrastructure: Webarchitects
- On-demand DevOps: Autonomic, Webarchitects
- Software development (new features and offerings): ?

See full org plan: Login – Nextcloud

Yeah, that’s more or less what we discussed with @hng yesterday. This “PM” figure role for the Tech Circle could:

• bridge with other circles for product/organisational issues,
  • follow up on users’ technical issues together with Product,
  • make sure there’s good communication between all people and orgs involved regarding technical issues.

I would be glad to take this role if we agree it would be useful. I already receive contact@meet.coop emails, so I’m in the loop for most new account requests.

I can also set up new DNS records if someone can grant me access to the meet-dns repo.

3 Likes

Is the tech Circle meeting still on for today I am in the main meeting room and do not see anyone there. Could I have the wrong link could someone post the correct link

We had to create our own room at some point. Tech circle uses this room: https://ca.meet.coop/b/hen-imn-thu

Hy, im the new newbie around.
What is this tech circle ?

Welcome to meet.coop, Ricardo!

The Tech Circle is the working group where operational members discuss the details of infrastructure and other technical issues. We try to keep most conversations in the open forum here, and we’re also in the #freenode_#meetcoop:matrix.org matrix chat room.

1 Like

Very nice, i use IRC.
See you there.

1 Like

As agreed on Wednesday’s meeting, we’re moving the Tech Circle formal meetings to a bi-weekly basis, as we have done with the Prod and Org circles. We’re doing this starting next week, to keep in sync with the other circles. I have updated the calendar accordingly.

We also agreed to try to be online at the time of the meeting on no-meeting weeks, in case something urgent comes up and we want to have a quick chat about it.