The Online Meeting Cooperative - meet.coop – is searching for a person, motivated and collaborative, for the role of Marketing Lead. They will be responsible for developing and leading meet.coop’s marketing and engagement strategy, with the aim of spreading the word on meet.coop’s unique offering and mission, and increasing the collective’s membership and revenue base.
Currently, meet.coop is run by a small, geographically distributed team of operational members (currently Canada, UK, EU). This position is fully remote.
We are seeking either an individual able to take on this role as an independent contractor; or an organisation that shares meet.coops’ values and strategic orientation, and is interested in entering a strategic partnership, providing a staff member part-time to occupy this meet.coop role.
- Research, develop, and execute our primary marketing strategy, including a two-year marketing plan designed to increase membership numbers eightfold.
- Fine-tune meet.coop’s branding to enhance organizational identity, showcase the uniqueness of the meet.coop ‘project’ as a coop-commons enterprise (technical difference, economic rationale, social aims), and profile competitive offerings.
- Undertake outreach in our diverse network of co-operatives, collectives, commons-oriented collaborators and movement organisations, to better understand how meet.coop can support their goals and attract members.
- Develop and pitch articles about meet.coop to online publications.
- Essential: previous experience in marketing or communications.
- Preferred: experience in the cooperative, non-profit, tech or civil-society/NGO sectors.
- Strong plus: passionate about cooperatives, open-source/libre software tools, the solidarity economy, the commons, peer-to-peer organising, distributed cooperative organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in writing for the web, including websites and social media posting, will be an advantage.
- Confident co-leadership skills, coupled with ability to take initiative, work under own supervision within a peer team, and maintain a strategic focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and communicate in a small, entirely distributed, cross-national, English-speaking team
- Strong organizational and strategy skills
- Administrative and project management skills
The Online Meeting Cooperative provides online meeting and conferencing tools, powered by renewable energy, running on cooperatively owned infrastructure. More than a just Big Tech alternative, meet.coop provides a community for members through our Discourse forum and monthly commons.hour meetups. Under the hood, meet.coop is an instance of the open source BigBlueButton software, and we support the libre and open source software movement.
Our mission is to grow a sustainable cooperative business providing online meeting and collaboration spaces, paying a fair wage and using surplus income to support develop**ment of the commons.
Justice, equity, diversity and inclusion are core values at meet.coop. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all members.
Hours and Compensation
This position is 8 hours a week. Compensation is a mix of wages and ‘sweat equity,’ essentially volunteer time that will be recouped as paid hours at a later date when and if meet.coop reaches its membership/revenue goals. Current wages are £400 monthly. The sweat equity that will be allotted is £500 monthly, claimable if and when we reach our growth targets.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled, but we encourage you to apply soon. Currently we’re hoping to interview October, for a start in November.