Welcome at The Online Meeting Cooperative forum!

Greetings from Norway. My name is Cecilie Smith-Christensen and I am the founder of World Heritage Catalysis https://www.whcatalysis.org - an emerging commons oriented community of practice applying innovative technologies (including MeetCoop) in transformative visitor management building resilience in and around UNESCO World Heritage sites. Incubated hereunder is the World Heritage Exchange Trading System (WHETS) https://www.whets.club I look forward to engaging and learning from youall.

3 Likes

Ha! I posted because I got a notification from the list and thought I had forgotten to do something. I am an eager supporter but as you know not in a position to dedicate much time for the next several months. So, if it makes more sense for me not to be in this forum, that’s fine.

Take care, Matt

1 Like

It always makes sense for a comrade/member to be present in this forum Matt :slight_smile: Only reason to be away is if notification traffic gets too heavy? Or switch off notifications. Cheers

Lovely to see you in the commons.hour gathering yesterday Cecilie, so soon after joining. Welcome to the forum and thanks for contributing yesterday. The meeting’s notes and video are now posted here Session#2 discussion - #3 by mikemh

Hi

Mi name is Jorge Benet and I work at Cooperativa Tierra Común in Mexico. We give different IT services like web, technical support, digital security consultancy, trainings, etc. I’ve been following meet.coop and i think it’s great. We just got invited by femProcomuns to the next Commons Hour meetup. So see you there.

Nice to meet you all!

1 Like

Hola Jorge, nice to see you here! Looking forward to meeting you in the commons.hour session in 40 minutes with femProcomuns and others. And of course, if there’s anything you’d like to share or engage in with meet.coop, name it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! My name is Andi (pronouns she/her). I started with Hypha Workers Co-op last month, and although I’ve met some members already, I wanted to introduce myself here. My background is in digital strategy and research, primarily in the Canadian nonprofit sector. I’m relatively new to the co-op space, so looking forward to learning more about it and participating in future discussions.

2 Likes

Hello everybody, here Luis (he/him) from P2PModels where I work as a developer. I also work in amoved, a small team working in web development trying to engage with the Spanish social economy to empower digital commons and alliances between cooperatives and associations. I also participate since its foundation in a collective vegetable garden (@retomalahuerta) in Madrid, the city I live in.
I’m very interested in digital autonomy and technological sovereignty so if you have interesting thinks to talk about here I am!
I work a lot these days but I’ll try to help as much as I can!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Daniel from Argentina. I’m a sysadmin at AlterMundi.
I am interested in collaborating, cooperating and learning,
Abrazo!

2 Likes

Hi Daniel, we saw that you were in the commons.hour meeting just now, but having problems in audo connection. Thanks for coming, and we hope that at least the discussion was stimulating?

Your connection through Brave browser/PC should in principle have been OK, so I’m sorry but I don’t have any further idea why it wasn’t possible to get audio today.

Perhaps you heard the discussion about collaboration for meet.coop in regional economic development, through local coops, in municipal-commons alliances, and have some thoughts about this in Argentina?

Hi Mike.
I don’t know but i’m going to look here. I will look into social and solidarity economy initiatives.

1 Like

@wekun / Links to notes and recording from the session are posted now: Session#8 discussion - #2 by mikemh

1 Like

Hi all, I’m Han.

I’m an EFL teacher and I use BBB for online tutoring. I have been using Zoom for over a year now, but the features are a bit limited (as a linux user). I was just playing around with the features on BBB and it’s like a new lexicon has opened up for me. I can’t wait to play around with closed captioning!

I’ve had my eye on BBB for a while now so I’m happy to get access to the platform as I was never savvy enough to get it running on a server.

The fact that I’m supporting a co-op is a nice bonus. I’ve been getting more interested in co-ops over the last month or so. In Malaysia, there are not many worker co-ops and I’d like to be part of the movement to change that.

2 Likes

hi @tshiunghan, welcome and so great to see that you joined as member! I hope the online service provides a positive experience and may you discover many new features and good uses for your groups. Feel free to share difficulties and requests for help here, and report your experience as a member report here.

1 Like

The member report section was the exact section I was looking for. Thanks so much!

I am Ole. I was introduced for meet.coop at 2022Firenze the 20th years anniversary for the first European Social Forum. I am the international coordinator for the Norwegian Social Forum and a member of the International council of the World Social Forum. This is voluntarily work.

Professionally I am a social entrepreneur running a small enterprise called Nedenfra/From below, where I work with exploring possibilities for democratic participation in urban development.

In addition to this I am involved with several coops in diverse fields as housing and culture.

1 Like

Hej Ole - Great to meet you @ 2022Firenze, and fabulous to see you here in meet.coop forum. Perhaps you and your Norwegian ESF colleagues (greetings to Daniel, Anna, Larissa) will like to check out this project - announced @ Firenze - as it develops over coming months: Welcome to the dance of infrastructure project

De beste ønsker

Thanks Mike for the heads up.

I have noticed the invitation to the dance of infrastructure. I find it quite interesting and will try to follow the discussions dependent on capacity. I see that you already have addressed the question of payment. I would have loved to tried it out, but it is a bit to pricey for me, so I will stick to Jitsi for videomeetings for now. I would have considered lowering the price / making it voluntarily for the lowest levels, with some extra features that could be payed for, like break out rooms and shared whiteboard. I also wonder if you have interpreter options? That would also be most valuable to the global progressive processes.

Beste ønsker til deg også.

Ole

We see this as a central concern, and we keep it under review. Existing threads in this forum include:

We certainly will bring a focus to this in the upcoming ‘dance of infrastructure’ series of sessions.

Cross-posting this response under About the Languages category

1 Like

Great. This is important. Keep up the good work.

Ole

1 Like