David Jacovkis, Monica Garriga, David Gomez, Raquel Prado (femProcomuns, Barcelona):
- How to make a commons of digital infrastructure sustainable? Practical experience in Commonscloud
- What does it mean in practice, that an infrastructure is a commons? Work by the Transition group, on the sustainability of commons of various kinds; ‘five pillars’ framework for sustainability in open commons communities
- Formal structure of a commons organisation: coop forms (femProcomuns adopts multistakeholder coop form); associations and other ‘non-coop’ forms
24 January 2022 (Fourth Monday). Gathering starts 18:00 UTC, closes at 19:00.
Extra time runs from 19:00 for half an hour, for offers & wants, informal check-in and organiser-chat.
This session will be dual-language: Spanish/English using closed captions in BigBlueButton. We can still use additional volunteer translator-interpreters for this session. Please post below if you would like to consider doing this. Thanks/muchas gracias. We’ll arrange a brief pre-meeting intro to closed captions, and the session protocol.
Please register for this event - knowing how many people intend to participate helps us decide our facilitation approach.
Click the ‘GOING’ icon at the top of this page: Thanks.
The gathering is in the commons.hour room at meet. coop. For best performance, please use Firefox or Chrome browser, and a PC or laptop. The meeting will be recorded. If you wish to be anonymous you should join with an altered name, and leave your camera off.
- Background notes: See the discussion thread.
- Discussion thread - Session#4 discussion Post-meeting links & resources (video recording, shared notes, take-home summary, etc) will be posted here. Feel free to open discussion at any time!