Goteo Foundation interested in publicising meet.coop & become member

I mentioned it last week during Org or Product.circle meet: the Goteo Foundation is interested in meet.coop. They run a commons oriented crowdfunding platform from Barcelona since 2011, promoting open licensing and returning all as OpenData. They have a community of crowdfunders of 130.000 members which they send regular newsletters.

1. First of all to drop Zoom and join meet.coop as member. For their teams they’d like to have a multi-user account so they can join 60 participants in some sessions.

2. Instead of paying 90 GBP/month they’d propose to publicise meet.coop under their userbase: Olivier Schulbaum, their co-founder/director would like them to become member (operational?) and participate in some of our meetings (but not too many hours) and publicise meet.coop permanently in their newsletter every 15 days to 130.000 people.

This is a kind of deal we haven’t done yet, but I think this could be greatly beneficial. Their userbase is likely much aligned with our target groups and will include many social initiatives that would consider joining us.

How do you think about this?

1 Like

I think it would be great to have Goteo on board as an operational member. They’re well respected in “social economy” circles as an ethical alternative to crowdsourcing platforms, and the people who get their newletters are very much aligned with our own targets. They also have a lot of experience with coop projects and “alternative” business models.

2 Likes

I think this is really great!

I also think we should explore having them take on a role and fully as an operational member. I think this will enable more long-term engagement and opportunities.

Today I have talked with Olivier from Goteo/Platoniq Foundation to feedback what we have discussed here and at yesterday’s All Hands. The proposal that is emerging:

Platoniq Foundation. Creativity & Democracy.
They are a group working on co-creation, design thinking and free culture for some 20 years and are the founders of the Goteo crowdfunding platform. The latter is a crowdfunding platform for the commons and open culture, social and solidarity initiatives, welknown in Spain and beyond through many international projects they have been participating in. Another interesting line of work is their involvement in the Decidim community, an online participatory platform for cities and large communities.

• Foundation based in Barcelona
  • Their team includes 19 people of which around half regularly organises online meetings.
  • They have a social base of campaign leaders and backers of 130.000 people

Proposal

• accept Platoniq/Goteo as operational member
  • with a specific marketing commitment to regularly publicise meet.coop in their channels (biweekly newsletter to Goteo userbase)
  • have their involvement very much confined to this marketing effort, as part of the product.circle - while they’d be welcome to engage more whenever they’d feel like it (of course :slight_smile: )
  • as such we’d expect their participation in at least 1 All Hands and 1 product.circle meeting per month
  • compensate their effort with a multi-user account
  • review this arrangement in 6 months and possibly adjust after mutual agreement

Any further comments? Once we have the definitive proposal I can put it up for vote by the org members.

Olivier from Platoniq / Goteo has just registered an account on the forum. But I shouldn’t invite him here, as this is an internal , Ops-members thread.

Any further comments before putting it up for vote?

I have created the proposal in the Decision thread, inviting you all to vote :slight_smile:

The proposal to accept Platoniq/Goteo as operational members has just concluded into a favourable decision. Let us welcome @Olivier_Platoniq and celebrate! I think this is good news for all of us! :partying_face: :champagne:

1 Like

btw this is an internal thread. What would be a good way to communicate this with the community? Is our forum well organised for the community?