Yves Otis & Frederick Sultan (Remix the Commons)
In session#4 Session#4 discussion we explored dual-language discussion of the session topic (Spanish-English), led by femProcomuns. In this session we’ll focus more explicitly on techniques, aesthetics and protocols of collaborating across languages.
The session will be in French and English (and any other language anyone needs to speak for comfort!). It will include some collective experimentation.
- The technology stack for dual language working: a repertoire of higher and lower tech tools (AI, Etherpad).
- A dance of ‘live’ and asynch media (‘hot’ and ‘cool’: BBB and Discourse).
- Not basically a matter of tech? Mainly protocols and participant aesthetics, expectations, and P2P skills and ‘literacy’?
- Some principles and good-enough practice.
- Aesthetics - Drop “the United Nations (colonial?) expectation” of perfect live interpretation in the headset, by professional servants?
27 June 2022 (Fourth Monday). Gathering starts 17:00 UTC (18h BST, 19h CEST, 13h EDT), , closes at 18:00.
Extra time runs from 18:00 for half an hour, for offers & wants, informal check-in and organiser-chat.
Please register for this event - knowing how many people intend to participate helps us decide our facilitation approach.
Click the ‘GOING’ icon at the top of this page: Thanks.
The gathering is in the commons.hour room at meet. coop. For best performance, please use Firefox or Chrome browser, and a PC or laptop. The meeting will be recorded. If you wish to be anonymous you should join with an altered name, and leave your camera off.
- Meeting design notes: Nextcloud
- Remix website: Remix biens communs – Plateforme multimédia ouverte et collaborative sur les communs
- femProcomuns Teixidora project: https://femprocomuns.coop/teixidora\_5\_years/?lang=en
- Discussion thread - Session#9 discussion Post-meeting links & resources (video recording, shared notes, take-home summary, etc) will be posted here. Included in this - post-meeting translations of the discussion. Feel free to open discussion on this topic at any time - even before the session would be great!