User interface issue re: forgotten password

A bit of feedback. I got confused about logging in earlier. https://demo.meet.coop correctly refused my credentials and suggested I could use a “Forgot password” link, but no such link was apparent on the page. (I’m now happily logged in, by the way - the error was mine).

Yeah! I actually just got bit by that today as well! I’ve opened up https://git.coop/meet/bbb/-/issues/29 so that we can jiggle the settings the right way so this button appears correctly. Thanks!

The disabling of password reset emails was done as a request for Open2020, see this issue:

However I’m going to re-enable it now as I think it is going to cause more problems than it solves, this will result in ca.meet.coop being unavailable for a little while.

However I’m going to re-enable it now as I think it is going to cause more problems than it solves, this will result in ca.meet.coop being unavailable for a little while.
that issue (redundant mail validation) was only for the registration-by-invitation mode, and OpenCoop decided to change to the open registration mode and use a password for the main room, as I have read. So the issue doesn’t apply.

I don’t know how that may effect in the “forgot password” link not being present. Anyway, good if you can restore it.

Unfortunately, current functionality in greenlight is, either you have emails and verifications or no email functionality at all :unamused: It’s on the stack to chase up a feature request for this from their dev team. I guess @chris’s point about alternative front-ends is on point (see Lessons from using BigBlueButton for Open2020)

1 Like

Hi

I am in the same situation now. I added as an alternative email the one I think I was using when I signed up
It may be that my card expired and lost the account? I do not know

Thanks for the feedback, the demo server was re-deployed a few days ago and we may have misconfigured the registration / email settings.

Hello
I tried again but still can’t see a forgot password button.
Really need it tomorrow.
I did receive a confirmation of payment on the 1st of May

thanks

It has been sorted a long time ago

Thanks