Welcome instructions for new members

for new members we send them a welcome message to join the community and start using the service. Below you’ll find the current message; feel free to use/reuse and make suggestions for improvement. Possibly we should have better recommendations on browsers and link to a thread where the most current info can be found?

===
Thanks for joining Meet.coop :slight_smile:

I have now added you as a user on Meet.coop and you should have received an email with instructions to Join “Greenlight” which will enable you to access your BigBlueButton account. NB the invite link is only valid for 24 hours so if you do not click on it within this time it will not work - please reply to this email if you need a new link.

If you’re new to BigBlueButton, please check the guides plus there are also some very useful written instructions here:

If you have any questions please see the FAQ thread and feel free to ask any questions and add feedback here. And of course, as new member, we kindly invite you to present yourself in the Welcome thread.

For better results, make sure your meeting attendees use a recent version of Firefox / Chrome, have headphones and mute when not speaking. If possible use a desktop/laptop computer rather than a tablet, and a tablet rather than a mobile phone. Make sure to have good network connectivity and disable other network intensive apps/services.

You (as Moderator or Presenter) can easily mute people by clicking on their names above the videos. If anyone is not muted and has background noise it can cause issues with sound quality for others but, once people get used to the required behaviour, it does work really well.

===

2 Likes

We can mention that for better results users should:

• Use a recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
  • If possible use a desktop/laptop computer rather than a tablet, and a tablet rather than a mobile phone.
  • Make sure to have good network connectivity and disable other network intensive apps/services.

I have email templates for multi-user accounts drafted here Login – Nextcloud

s/mod/Mod

thanks @dvdjaco and @benhylau, I have updated above message, as wiki style, and will copy it over to the email template in the contact@ mailbox

hi there and happy new year.
as a newly accounted multi-user moderator (yay!), can I have a look at the welcome instructions? I specifically want to know whether we can set up accounts for people or whether we need to ask you every time someone wants to sign up for a new account. cheers

you can simply sign up new people (to your Multi user account) by signing in to Greenlight, clicking on your name (top right) Clicking on Organisation, and then inviting new members by adding their email address(es) - let us know if you get stuck!

1 Like

‘Organisation’ not showing up in my menu or in the Profile window. My user role is ‘user’, is that relevant? cheers

Oh - sorry - I think I may have messed up. Were you subscribing as a Multi-user account?
If so I think you are supposed to have your own Greenlight container…
Which will need setting up… I will come back to you as soon as I can find out / get this fixed.
Oli