commons.hour special : mapping the contributions in the meet.coop community (part 1)
Ela Kagel (Supermarkt, Berlin), Wouter Tebbens, Mike Hales (Community circle, meet.coop). A hands-on workshop session, engaging with:
- Mapping contributions across the full range of members and settings in meet.coop as a multistakeholder coop
- Being fair and open, in response to livelihood needs (paid ‘operations’ work) and respectful in response to ‘gift’ contributions (unpaid, volunteer work)
- Identifying locations where contributions get valued within the community of meet.coop
- Distinguishing and handling financial and other contributions. Also, distinguishing and handling financial and other forms of recognition.
- This is a first step towards explicit multistakeholder contribution accounting in meet.coop, and towards tracking value flows in an openvalue network.
Please note: There is a survey Contribution Accounting Survey @meetcoop.
Please do fill this in before Dec 10th.
Every response helps to make sense of this field of challenges… Thanks
13 December 2021 (Second Monday - Note: The normal fourth Monday session is suspended this month.) Gathering starts 18:00 UTC, closes at 19:00. Extra time runs from 19:00 for half an hour, for informal check-in and organiser-chat.
Please register for this event - knowing how many people intend to participate helps us decide our facilitation approach.
Click the ‘GOING’ icon at the top of this page: Thanks.
The gathering is in the commons.hour room at meet. coop. For best performance, please use Firefox or Chrome browser, and a PC or laptop. The meeting will be recorded. If you wish to be anonymous you should join with an altered name, and leave your camera off.
- Background notes: A note on concepts
- Pages on contribution accounting, in the trial handbook. Work in progress. Do comment in the discussion thread. Slide deck is here Nextcloud pdf download
Survey: Contribution accounting survey @ meet.coop. Please do
COMPLETE THIS SURVEYbefore the session asap. It will help us scope members’ current perceptions of contributions and value flows in the meet.coop community, as a foundation for the workshop.
- Discussion thread - Discussion - Mapping the contributions in the meet.coop community Post-meeting links & resources (video recording, shared notes, etc) will also be posted here.